Ziggi App of Botanic Gardens, Dublin.
ziggiapps has just launched the Android App for the National Botanic Gardens of Ireland.
Explore the gardens in your own time while you learn more about the plants and the history of the garden via our striking visual and audio tour. Some interesting stories include the sheep eating plant and the loneliest plant in the world.
ziggi worked alongside Ingenious Ireland to create this app and we love it!
Have a look here: https://market.android.com/details?id=air.NationalBotanicGardens&feature=search_result
English: Irish National Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin, Ireland. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Posted in Botanic Gardens App, ziggi
- Tagged android, App developers ireland, apple, botanic gardens ireland, dublin, glasnevin apps ziggi, iphone, zapp, zapplab, ziggi, ziggiapps
education (Photo credit: Sean MacEntee)
Google and Apple have taken a huge slice of the education market so far, with Google boasting 16 million students using its online educational apps. Apple have introduced their educational remit with some degree of success in Ireland but some problems still arise for participating schools. The major restrictions for teachers is the lack of educational apps and poor broadband in most schools. Another concern is the lack of equipment. Feedback from the teachers has been broadly positive but the restrictions of apple-only educational apps and the shortfalls of Irish broadband standards has made class participation frustrating,
ziggiapps propose an alternative option to the multi-nationals. As our software is compatible with most mobile devices including PDA’s, we believe we can supply a more suitable, reliable and bespoke service to the Irish and UK marketplace.
With most schools in Ireland now using interactive whiteboards we can also supply online templates teachers can adapt and use for class participation. This would be particularly useful for local Geography or History projects for example. Apps can also be used for class tests such as spelling or maths. These apps could also be self marking, freeing up valuable time for the teacher by not having to correct individual copies during class.
Benefits of apps in education:
- It’s a fun way to get children interested in a subject.
- Instant assessment allowing pupils to see their mistakes immediately.
- Learning about apps will equip children with knowledge of the latest technology. (Learning within learning)
- Reduces waste by replacing paper.
- Locally relevant Apps.
10 reasons to use ziggiapps in your school
- It works across multi-platform mobile devices and computers
- Its free to send and receive apps
- Its free to use (no data rate)
- Easy to access
- Simple to update
- Bespoke design to suit the Irish education system
- Local service means better service
- Apps can be downloaded from your own website, by-passing app stores.
- Safer. No need for internet means a safer environment for pupils.
- Cheaper. Because we are independent and affiliated to no product Ziggi can reduce your costs.
To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Apps in Education
- Tagged android, apple, apps, classroom, education, England, ireland, pupils, students, UK, zapp, zapps, ziggi, ziggiapps